Full HTNA Membership
This level is open to any Hyperbaric Nurse, Mono-place Operator (MPO), Multi-place Chamber Operator (MHCO) or Hyperbaric Chamber Supervisor (HCS), who are appropriately qualified or under training IAW AS/NZS 4774.2 and are currently employed in permanent or casual positions at an Australian or New Zealand Government Approved Comprehensive Hyperbaric Medicine Facility.
New applications will be classified “Pending” prior to assessment by the appropriate HTNA Training Committee & Executive
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment at the approved facility must attract Medicare or Health New Zealand authorised benefits on an attendance basis. The hospital must also provide the following in a separate area, on a 24-hour basis:
Is equipped and staffed, so that it can provide to a patient, the following:
- hyperbaric oxygen therapy at a treatment pressure of at least 2.8 atmospheric pressure absolute (180 kilopascal gauge pressure); and
- mechanical ventilation and invasive cardiovascular monitoring within a mono-place or multi-place chamber for the duration of the hyperbaric treatment.
Has admission and discharge policies in operation; and
- is under the direction of at least 1 medical practitioner who is rostered, and immediately available, to the facility during the facility's ordinary working hours if the practitioner:
- is a specialist with training in diving and hyperbaric medicine; or
- holds a Diploma of Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine of the South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society; and
Is staffed by:
- at least 1 medical practitioner with training in diving and hyperbaric medicine who is present in the facility and immediately available at all times when patients are being treated at the facility: and
- at least 1 registered nurse with specific training in hyperbaric patient care to the published standards of the Hyperbaric Technicians and Nurses Association, who is present during hyperbaric oxygen therapy IAW Table 8.1 AS/NZ 4774.2 (Minimum Staffing requirements by Patient and Chamber type). and
- At least 1 qualified hyperbaric chamber supervisor with specific training in hyperbaric chamber supervision to the published standards of the Hyperbaric Technicians and Nurses Association, who is present during hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
Benefits of Full Membership:
Full Members have voting privileges as detailed in the HTNA Constitution. Full members also have access to all live educational webinars and pre-recorded videos in our on-line library - in the Members Only section of this website.